How to clean your bathtub
Relaxing in the bath can be one of life's luxuries, but cleaning the bathtub after? Not so much. Grime can build up over time, and soap residue can be a real stubborn stain to deal with when left too long. However, to keep that tub clean, hygienic and inviting, follow our instructions on how to clean your bathtub. Here's what to use to clean it:
- Harpic Bathroom Cleaner
- Scouring sponge (for acrylic bathtubs only)
- Soft sponge (for enamel and porcelain bathtubs)
Before you set about cleaning your bathtub, it is important to identify what material your tub is made of. The cleaning routine varies slightly so that you get the optimum clean while preventing any damage in the process. Always do a spot check on a small, hidden area before using.
Acrylic tubs are non-porous and therefore are easy to clean. They require only mild non-abrasive liquid cleaners.
The best way to clean a porcelain tubs and enamel coated tubs is to use a softer sponge as they are not scratchproof. Harpic products work gently to remove stains and can be used safely on enamel coated bathtubs and porcelain tubs.
To clean a porcelain tub, enamel, or acrylic tubs follow the instructions below:
Before cleaning, ensure the area is well ventilated. Open any windows, doors and turn on any fans.
- Apply Harpic Bathroom Cleaner generously, undiluted to the affected areas. The thick liquid formula is unbeatable on stubborn stains and great for the wall tiles around your tub.
- Scrub gently with the sponge.
- Rinse off with warm water.
We're here to guide you
Harpic can help you find solutions to all your toilet problems and questions...