Nasty odours coming from the toilet are not a job anyone wants to face! Poor cleaning techniques and using the wrong products can cause embarrassment for you and your visitors. Though dealing with bad smells can’t be avoided, it can be made easier with Harpic. The Harpic range of toilet cleaner, toilet rim block products will help keep your toilet smelling fresh and clean. Here’s our guide to alleviating those lingering smells.
How to get rid of toilet odour – top cleaning tips
- Clean regularly: Keeping up with your cleaning routine will reduce the chance of lingering smells from the toilet. A thorough toilet and bathroom clean once a week is enough.
- Don’t forget to maintain the toilet in between flushes–The block, when dropped into your toilet tank, maintains hygiene with every toilet flush and comes in two scents: Aquamarine and Pine.
- Use a toilet rim block for freshness: With every flush, a toilet rim block like the Harpic Hygienic, will keep your loo clean and smelling fresh.
- Use the right products: Always check the labels of your cleaning products. While some are better for stain removal, you need something that’s going to help with both the smell and the clean. Don’t forget to choose a variant you like too! Harpic Power Plus kills 99.9% of germs and comes in three variants.
How to get rid of toilet smells quickly
So now that you have our top tips for improving your toilet cleaning routine, we thought you might like some extra advice to help get rid of toilet smells as quickly as possible:
- Ventilate: To avoid foul smells after a trip to the loo, the quickest solution is to get the air circulating. If you have a fan, turn it on or open a window. It’s also a good idea to keep this ventilation going at various times throughout the week, especially after showers and baths. Sometimes vapours in the air can lead to damp – another unpleasant odour you want to avoid.
- Use room spray: As a final barrier, you can also use a variety of room sprays. Sprays are particularly handy for when you need to get rid of unpleasant odours quickly!
- Close the lid before flushing: To avoid foul smells getting into the air, remember to close the toilet lid before flushing.
Now you know how to keep your toilet smelling fresh, you can avoid those embarrassing lingering odours and maintain a clean, shiny and sweet-smelling bathroom.
Find out more about how to clean a western toilet.