All types of toilets need regular cleaning but different types of toilets can require different techniques. A Western toilet has a toilet tank attached directly to the toilet bowl, which holds and then removes any human waste with a flush of the water tank. Attached to the bowl is the toilet seat and the lid.
To clean a western toilet, we recommend using a strong strong disinfectant, such as Harpic Power Plus, as follows:
- Take a bottle of Harpic Power Plus. Press the sides of the cap (marked as 1) and twist counter-clockwise (marked as 2) to open.
- Position the nozzle directly under the rim of the toilet bowl and pour all around the bowl, while squeezing the bottle to dispense the liquid evenly.
- Let the liquid spread from rim to U-bend and leave for 20 minutes.
- Brush the toilet lightly and flush.
In addition to this, we recommend using a cistern block such as Harpic Flushmatic to clean the toilet bowl with every flush. To use Harpic Flushmatic:
- Remove block from blister but do not remove the coating
- Drop Harpic Flushmatic block into the tank, away from the water inlet
- Wait 10 minutes before the first flush to activate
- Replace the Harpic Flushmatic with a new block when the blue colour disappears from your water