How to clean a bathroom mirror
Do you ever wonder how your bathroom mirror can get so dirty, even though you don’t really touch it? Well, it could be due to any number of reasons including limescale and hard water stains from shower steam, shaving cream, make-up spots or toothpaste splatter stains from standing too close when you brush your teeth. No matter what the culprit is, it can be frustrating to look at yourself through a dirty mirror.
Read on to learn tips and tricks on how to clean your bathroom mirror so it’s smudge- and stain-free. To get started, you’ll need:
- Glass cleaner
- A microfiber cloth
- Rubber gloves
- Rubbing alcohol or vinegar
- Cotton pads
The best way to clean your mirror in the bathroom without the fuss and left-over smudges is to use the right technique. When cleaned regularly, this doesn’t have to be hard chore, either. So, simply follow the instructions below so you can clean bathroom mirrors without leaving streaks:
- Tackle built-up stains and dirt by applying a small dose of undiluted rubbing alcohol or vinegar onto a cotton pad.
- Using a circular motion, use the cotton pad to remove any thick stains.
- Spray a small amount of the glass cleaner directly onto the glass (less is more as too much will leave residue and smears.)
- Fold the microfiber cloth in half and immediately apply a zig-zag motion to wipe the mirror down. Start from the top right corner to the top left and back.
- Use the other clean half of the microfiber cloth to buff any left-over streaks.
If you still have stubborn stains, apply some undiluted vinegar directly onto the stain with a clean cloth and repeat the last three steps above.
As well as your mirror, areas like your bathroom tiles or your taps are also susceptible to dirt and stains. But you can clean them quickly and effectively with Harpic.
Annoying smudges and stains on your mirror can occur easily and make your bathroom look dirty, even though that might not be the case. Using bathroom mirror cleaning hacks in your weekly bathroom cleaning routine can help ensure your bathroom has that ‘well-maintained’ look.
We're here to guide you
Harpic can help you find solutions to all your toilet problems and questions...