Scrubbing the toilet is nobody’s favourite chore, but it is one of the most used parts of the bathroom, so regular cleaning and maintenance is vital. You can find all sorts of germs, odours and black spots in your toilet bowl, but it doesn’t have to be this way. With a thorough cleaning routine and the help of Harpic, your toilet bowl can shine once more.
Everyday toilet cleaning
As your toilet gets regular use from every member of the family, it’s important it gets a regular clean. It’s easier to prevent stubborn build up when you dedicate five minutes a day to give your toilet a quick scrub.
Follow the instructions below to care for your toilet:
- Take a bottle of Harpic Power Plus, press the sides of the cap and twist counter clockwise to open.
- Squeeze the liquid under the rim and around the toilet bowl.
- Leave for 20 minutes.
- Brush the bowl lightly with a toilet brush and flush.
For more information on cleaning a toilet, read our guide.
For an additional clean with every flush, why not pop a Harpic Hygienic in your toilet? Just clip the to the rim of the bowl where the water flows.
Depending on your usage, a single block can last you up to three weeks, and once it’s completely dissolved, unclip it, throw it in the bin and replace with a new one.
How to remove dirt and brown spots in a toilet bowl
If your toilet is in a more severe state and you’re dealing with those unsightly black deposits that linger in a toilet bowl, Harpic toilet bowl cleaner can help. You’ll have to drain the toilet first to get access to these stubborn stains. Follow the instructions below and you can make your toilet stain-free again:
- Turn off the water supply by shutting off the valve which is often located at the base of the toilet wall.
- Flush the toilet so your toilet tank and bowl can drain.
- Once all the water has been drained, twist the cap on a bottle of Harpic White and Shine Bleach, turning counter clockwise to open.
- Pour the liquid around the toilet bowl, under the rim and directly onto the stain.
- Leave the formula to work for 20 minutes.
- Scrub with a toilet brush.
- Turn the water supply back on, wait for the toilet tank to fill, and flush.
It’s important to incorporate a deep toilet bowl clean into your list of chores for the general maintenance and hygiene of your toilet. With the correct knowledge on how to remove these frustrating stains, you can make the process less daunting