The toilet is probably one of the most important areas of your bathroom, but to clean it can be a tedious chore. It is a haven for stains, grime and germs which can turn into a real issue if not properly attended to. A thorough cleaning routine with Harpic toilet cleaner products will help to clean toilet stains for good, remove germs or bad odours and help keep your toilet smelling fresh. Just follow our instructions on how to keep a toilet clean.
How to remove hard water stains and limescale from a toilet
Hard water is just water with a high content of minerals like calcium and magnesium, which can often group together to cause what is known as limescale. Often attributed to the unsightly stains on your toilet, limescale can be a nuisance to remove – however, thanks to Harpic, here are the best toilet cleaners to remove hard water from your toilet:
- Harpic Hygienic for everyday cleaning and freshness
- Harpic Power Plus to tackle hard water stains on your toilet bowl.
Follow the instructions below to tackle any unwanted limescale and hard water stains from your toilet.
How to clean a western toilet
No matter what type of toilet you have in your home, a good clean is important for the wellbeing of your family. Not only will using a good toilet cleaner stop the spread of germs, but a strong disinfectant will make the process quicker. Here’s how to clean a western toilet:
- Take a bottle of Harpic Power Plus. Press the sides of the cap (marked as 1) and twist counter-clockwise (marked as 2) to open.
- Pour the liquid around the toilet bowl and under the rim.
- Let the liquid spread from rim to U-bend. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Brush the toilet lightly and flush.
For further and regular cleaning, use either Harpic Hygienic or Harpic Flushmatic to clean the toilet bowl with every flush. Just clip the Harpic Hygienic block into the rim of the toilet where the flush water flows. Then, when it has dissolved, unclip it and throw it in the bin and replace with a new one. This product can only be used in a western toilet.
To use Harpic Flushmatic, remove the block from the packaging, without removing the cloth. Drop the block into the toilet cistern but away from the water inlet. To activate, wait for 10 minutes before the first flush. Replace the block when the colour of flushed water starts to fade.
How to clean Indian toilet stains
When you’re considering how to clean an Indian toilet, the method is just as important as the product you use. Having both will make it easy to remove toilet stains and even easier to incorporate into a regular bathroom cleaning routine.
- Ensure the room is well ventilated, and then take a bottle of Harpic Power Plus and press sides of cap (marked as 1) and twist counter-clockwise (marked as 2) to open. Pour the product around the toilet.
- Leave the product to sit for 20 minutes.
- Start outwards and work your way in, scrub the toilet and foot pads with a brush.
- Wash the cleaned area off with clean water.
Please note: Harpic Power Plus is suitable for both western and squat toilets.
How to keep a toilet smelling fresh
It’s no secret that having a smelly toilet is not the best, however a toilet freshener from Harpic means it’s easy to keep you’re your toilet smelling fresh for longer.
Use a toilet rim block for freshness: With every flush, a toilet rim block like Harpic Hygienic will keep your toilet clean and smelling fresh.
Keen to go the extra mile when it comes to cleaning your toilet? Take a look at our extra tips for cleaning your toilet tank.
Knowing how to clean a toilet properly is a valuable skill to have in your housekeeping arsenal. It’s a relatively easy process that once perfected and executed regularly, will reduce the risk of stubborn stains and unpleasant odours.