Have you ever noticed that your taps are one of the most used bathroom items you have? Your taps get the most contact with your hands as well as splashed with soap and toothpaste. The resulting build-up of dirt and grime is why cleaning your bathroom taps thoroughly is so important to your bathroom cleaning routine.
Common problems when learning how to clean taps
When cleaning your taps, it is helpful to understand the three common problems you may encounter:
- Soap and dirt build up on the tap handle - turning your taps on with dirty hands will mean some of that dirt will remain.
- Limescale build-up - though it isn’t harmful, limescale build-up is unsightly.
- Grime build-up - this can gather around the joint where the tap attaches to the sink when dirt from the tap travels down from the handle.
How to clean bathroom taps: what you will need
Before you start learning how to clean bathroom taps, ensure you have all the best tools for the job. We recommend the following:
- An old (but firm) toothbrush
- Scouring sponge
- Harpic Bathroom Cleaning Spray
How to clean taps at home using Harpic Bathroom Cleaning Spray
By following our recommended steps, your bathroom taps will be gleaming before you know it!
- Remove any toothbrushes, pots and soaps from around the tap area so you can access it easily.
- Spray the entire tap area with the Harpic Bathroom Cleaning Spray and leave for one minute.
- Using an old toothbrush brush off the grime at the base of the taps. You can also use the toothbrush to get to the more intricate components of your tap handles.
- Next, wipe with a cloth to remove any remaining dirt on the handle and the rest of the tap. You can also use the cloth to clean away the grime you removed earlier.
- Rinse thoroughly with water or wipe with a damp cloth to get a perfectly clean and shiny surface.
Top Tip: Don’t forget to rinse and repeat when using your scouring sponge to ensure you don’t leave any traces of dirt behind.
Caution – Do not leave on metallic surfaces for more than one minute to avoid potential discolouring. Not suitable for acid sensitive surfaces like marble, enamel showers, aluminium, natural stones or zinc-plated metals, hot or damaged surfaces, textiles, carpets etc. Always test on a hidden area to ensure compatibility with surfaces. Do not mix with any other household cleaning products including any other variant of Harpic bathroom cleaner.
Why choose Harpic Bathroom Cleaning Spray?
- When you want a deep clean for your bathroom taps, the spray action can access all those hard to reach angles.
- The liquid works instantly to lift away the tough dirt and grime that collects on and around the taps.
- Harpic Bathroom Cleaning Spray isn’t just great for your taps, you can also use it for deep cleaning your tiles, bathtub, ceramic surfaces, stainless steel and granite surfaces.
Now that you know how to clean bathroom taps thoroughly and your bathroom is gleaming and dirt-free, you can enjoy your long soak in the tub or energising shower in peace.
Whatever your cleaning needs, Harpic has you covered for removing stubborn dirt and grime in those hard to reach places.