The order in which you clean specific areas of your bathroom does matter. That’s right – from the faucets to the floors, there really is an art to learning how to clean bathroom surfaces fast and effectively! We cover all and this and more in our simple guide.
How to clean bathroom surfaces: what you will need
Before you start learning the art of cleaning your bathroom, there are a few bits of equipment and products you need. We recommend the following to get your bathroom looking clean and smelling fresh:
- A sweeping brush/vacuum
- A mop (and bucket)
- A sponge
- Harpic Bathroom Cleaner
- Harpic Bathroom Cleaner Spray
- Harpic Hygienic
- Harpic Fresh
Step one: Learning how to remove bathroom stains
Now that you have all the tools and equipment you need, it's time to learn the best way to clean your bathroom.
- Open any windows and doors to ensure the bathroom is well ventilated before you begin cleaning.
- Remove all items such as soaps, sponges and small storage boxes so that you can gain easy access to every area in your bathroom.
Step two: Cleaning the bathtub, shower and tiles
First thing’s first, you need to clean the bathroom tiles and shower. Completing your clean in the below order will help to avoid having to repeat steps due to drips and splashes.
- Using Harpic Bathroom Cleaner and a sponge, begin by scrubbing your wall tiles. By starting with the tiles, you can later catch the water that drips into your shower or bathtub.
- Next, rinse the scouring sponge and squeeze a small amount of Harpic Bathroom Cleaner into the tub to clean away the residue from the walls.
Step three: Cleaning the toilet
Whilst the toilet isn’t likely to be a favourite area of the bathroom to clean, it is one of the most important! Read on for our top tips for ensuring a sparkly clean.
- Using a dedicated toilet scouring sponge, start by cleaning the outside of the toilet, including the lid.
- Now, use the toilet brush and Harpic Fresh to clean the inside of the toilet, remembering to clean under the rim.
- Finally, pop one of our Harpic Hygienic block toilet cleaners in to keep your toilet looking and smelling fresher for longer between cleans.
Step four: Cleaning the floor
Lastly, your bathroom floor will need a good mop. With all the hair and dust that it attracts daily, it’s essential that you get into all the nooks and crannies!
- No matter what flooring you have, use a brush or vacuum to remove any surface dust on your floor.
- Once the surface dust has been removed, use a mop and a solution of the versatile Harpic Bathroom Cleaner mixed with some warm water to clean any stubborn stains from your floor surface. Harpic Bathroom Cleaner can be used on almost all bathroom surfaces.
- Start at the back of the bathroom and work your way towards the door to make sure you're not standing on the areas you have previously cleaned!
Please note: Do not use Harpic Bathroom Cleaner on aluminium, brass and copper. Always do a spot check on a small, hidden area before using.
How to keep your bathroom fresh
A thorough and regular cleaning routine is the best way to keep your bathroom fresh and clean. Harpic products are the best bathroom fresheners because they kill germs and leave your bathroom smelling great. There are a few other things you can do to decorate your bathroom, so it stays fresh for longer:
- Keep doors and windows open for ventilation while cleaning
- Regularly wash your hand towels
- Leave candles or scents in the bathroom
- Use a fresh-scented hand soap
Now that you have learnt the art of how to clean bathroom surfaces, we hope you can find some joy when it comes to your cleaning routine. Don’t forget, we have a range of versatile bathroom cleaning products to keep your bathroom gleaming day after day. Read our guide to disinfectant for more information on germs and how to tackle them.