Relaxing in the bath can be one of life's luxuries, but cleaning the bathtub after? Not so much. Grime can build up over time, and soap residue can be a real stubborn stain to deal with when left too long. However, to keep that tub clean, hygienic, and inviting, follow our instructions on how to clean your bathtub.
What to use to clean tubs
A bad workman always blames his tools, or so the saying goes. To avoid this problem, you want to make sure you use the right cleaning products, brushes and sponges to achieve the optimum bathtub clean. Here's what to use to clean tubs:
- Harpic Bathroom Cleaner: A thick liquid formula that is unbeatable on stubborn stains and great for the Wall Tiles around your tub.
- Harpic Bathroom Cleaner Spray: The spray nozzle makes it easy to clean hard to reach places such as taps.
- Scouring Sponge (For acrylic bathtubs only)
- Soft Sponge (For enamel bathtubs)
How to clean bathtub stains
Before you set about cleaning your bathtub, you should identify what material your tub is made of. The cleaning routine varies slightly so that you get the optimum clean while preventing any damage in the process.
Acrylic tubs are non-porous and therefore are easy to clean. They require only mild non-abrasive liquid cleaners
Enamel coated tubs will need a softer sponge as they are not scratchproof. Using Harpic products are unbeatable on stains and can be used safely on enamel coated bathtubs.
To remove tough stains
- Before cleaning, ensure the area is well ventilated. Open any windows, doors and turn on any fans.
- Apply Harpic Bathroom Cleaner, undiluted to the affected areas. For hard to reach spots, use Harpic Bathroom Cleaner Spray.
- Scrub gently with the sponge.
- Rinse off with warm water.
For tips on how to clean taps – read our handy guide.
Learning how to clean your bathtub is straightforward. The key is to keep up a regular cleaning routine to maintain that freshness. Everyday care such as rinsing the bath as soon as you have finished will help avoid stubborn stains.